The 16-Ch Analog / Digital Mux Module mounts a 74HC4067, a 16-channel multiplexer/demultiplexer IC that can route both analog and digital signals in both directions.
On the electronics module there are 2 rows of breakout points. These can be used to connect wires or header pins can be soldered in depending on the application.
- SIG = Signal Input / Output. This will usually connect to an analog input or digital I/O on the microcontroller
- S3 = Binary Address Bit 3. The address bits (3…0) connect to 4 digital output pins on the microcontroller to select channel.
- S2 = Binary Address Bit 2
- S1 = Binary Address Bit 1
- S0 = Binary Address Bit 0
- EN = Enable. Internally pulled LOW to enable by default. Can be pulled HIGH to disable all channels.
- VCC = 2 to 6V. Usually connected to 5V or 3.3V to match the microcontroller power.
- GND = Ground, must be common with the microcontroller.
- C15 = Channel 15
- C14 = Channel 14
- C1 = Channel 1
- C0 = Channel 0